Sunday 11 August 2013

Friday Feeling

Decided to fish a different stretch of the Ribble  today 9-8-13 opted for an afternoon session setting off at 11:30am arrived on the Middle stretch of the river just after 12.
The swim I picked was a bit tight so just fished the one rod on the feeder with a mixture of pellet 2mm-12mm using a 4ft hook length ( Korda IQ ) with a size 12 Korda Curve Shank after nearly falling in umpteen times decided it was best to move so up streamed about 100 yards nice big peg this time.So Two rods this time with one on a Bomb at 3pm decided to start packing up and the idea was to get in the car and drive to the Upper thought I'd have one more cast on the feeder rod before reeling the bomb rod in and within 5 minutes I was slipping a Nice Gold one in the net at 7lb 7oz gave it another half hour and started on Plan B move onto the Upper.
Arrived on the Upper Ribble just gone 4pm walked to my usual Hot spot about 3/4 mile walk then realised I'd forgotten the bait Bucket well FFS ! 
Another 3/4 mile walk back to the car eventually got a line in the water after a brief cool down.
I like hopping in to different pegs up here so gave the first swim half hour no signs so moved on into what's been a decent peg upto now another tight peg just one rod again on a Bomb loose feeding pellet As i'm basically fishing under my Feet after I'd fed the swim dropped in 20 minutes later straight away a screaming take heading right under the tree had to try and bully it away just couldn't stop the bugger and was snapped off ( P***ed me off really because I know there's a fish with a hook in it mouth now ) could of been from the previous swim as its a very rocky swim should of checked before dropping in again.
anyway threw a few more pellets in why I rigged up again a few moments later and was back in and being pulled down river by another only this time to pull the hook stayed in the swim until 6:30pm and moved into another peg and sat it out until around 19:30 without a single twitch.

Bit of a Camera Cock up 



No comments:

Post a Comment